The Haemonetics Cell Saver 5 is an Autologous Autotransfusion System that processes whole blood salvaged from the surgical field so that it can be reinfusion to the patient. Inside the spinning processing chamber, red blood cells are separated from other blood components, such as platelets, plasma, and from debris sectioned from the surgical site. The separated red blood cells are then washed in saline, then be reinfused to the patient. This system can also collect platelet rich plasma before surgery.
- Rapidly processes a large volume of salvaged blood while keeping operation simple.
- Simple control panel.
- Centrifuge holds a disposable bowl.
- Bowl optics monitor the spinning bowl to determine the appropriate moment to initiate certain actions such as cell washing.
- Waste bag weigher alters the operator when the waste bag is full.
- Tubing manifold is installed into a keyed slot that ensures the tubing lines are installed on the appropriate valves.